Dr Gideon Muriuki is a group managing director and CEO at Co-operative Bank of Kenya Ltd. Muriuki is no doubt the wealthiest Kenyan executive with a good salary and speedily ballooning riches. Amid the shaking economy are growing concerns on who is the highest paid Kenyan.
- READ ALSO: Jeff Koinange bio.
Dr. Gideon is an example of hardworking Kenyans who have invested all their energy and money in bringing about change. An experience of three decades in finance and banking justifies why he earns more than all of us.
Dr. Gideon Muriuki salary per month
Co-operative Bank MD Gideon Muriuki monthly salary is Ksh. 31.37 million.
He is, therefore, among top 10 highest paid CEOs in Kenya.
The annual salary of Muriuki is averagely Ksh. 376 million. In addition, he stands to benefit from loyalties, dividends, and other six figure bonuses.
Gideon Muriuki wealth and net worth
Dr. Gideon Muriuki net worth is at least Ksh. 1.1 billion as of 2023.
- READ ALSO: Wycliffe Musalia Mudavadi bio.
With this whopping amount, he is owner of lavish properties including real estates.
Insider sources have confirmed Gideon Muriuki amassing much of his wealth from a longstanding banking career
Dr. Muriuki initially worked at Barclays Bank before moving to Standard Chartered Bank and settling at Co-operative Bank as a chief executive officer.
Furthermore, he is a successful businessman and investor with an experience of at least 31 years.
Who is the highest paid Kenyan CEO Gideon Muriuki
Dr. Gideon Muriuki CV confirms that he is a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics graduate and an alumnae of the Kenya Institute of Bankers.
- READ ALSO: Chris Kirubi biography.
Besides, he received an Honorary Doctorate in Business Management in 2011.
Top 10 highest paid CEOs in Kenya
Who is the most paid employee in Kenya? These 10 CEOs are the most paid employees in the country.
- Gideon Muriuki salary is Ksh 31.37 million at Co-operative Bank
- Joshua Oigara salary is Ksh 22.75 million, KCB Bank CEO
- Peter Ndegwa salary is Ksh 9 million, Safaricom CEO
- Allan Kivaluka salary is Ksh 8.50 million at Kenya Airways
- Jeremy Awori salary is Ksh 8.43 million at ABSA Bank
- John Gachora salary is Ksh 8.00 million at NCBA Bank
- Jane Karuku salary is Ksh 7.50 million at EABL
- Benson Wairegi salary is Ksh 6.80 million at Britam
- James Mwangi salary is Ksh 5.04 million at Equity Bank
- James Mworia salary is Ksh 3.72 million at Centum
Coop Bank CEO Gideon Muriuki stands out from the rest for his exceptional and huge pay check.
Gideon Muriuki profile and biography
A closer look into Mr Gideon Muriuki LinkedIn profile reveals that he is a senior banker with a clean reputation.
- READ ALSO: President Uhuru Kenyatta bio.
Also, Gideon Muriuki age is about 60 years, with a full blast of youthful vigour and energy in his business dealings.
Gideon Muriuki career – who is the highest paid Kenyan
Mr. Muriuki joined Cooperative bank in 1996, then working as a as a Senior Corporate Manager.
In 1999, he became a Director-Corporate and Institutional Banker. In 2001, Muriuki received a promotion to become a Managing Director.
Muriuki has since maintained the position for saving Cooperative bank from a loss of Ksh. 2.3 billion in the year 2000 to a profit of Ksh. 20.7 billion in 2019.
- READ ALSO: Raila Amolo Odinga bio.
Dr Gideon Muriuki, who is the highest paid Kenyan, is a celebrated Kenyan for pocketing more in monthly salary. The banker and financier is a billionaire to watch in 2023 and the years to come.