Mathira Constituency Member of Parliament and now Kenya Kwanza coalition running mate is a wealthy man with a highly decorated career profile. He originates in a stinking rich family of Engineer Nashashon Gachagua Reriani and Mau Mau veteran chef Martha Kirigo. Kenya Kwanza’s Rigathi Gachagua net worth spells affluence and power.
- READ ALSO: Jimmy Wanjigi Net Worth: How Rich?
Lawmaker Gachagua rose to the limelight following his appointment as running mate for UDA Party Leader DP William Ruto. He has since been trending for his alleged multi-million businesses and multi-billion corruption scandals.
Rigathi Gachagua Net Worth, Wealth, & List of Businesses
Born in 1965, Rigathi Gachagua springs from an industrialist family with brothers and sisters deeply rooted in politics.
- READ ALSO: Martha Karua Marriage Life History.
It all began with his parents risking to work from inside the indigenous Mau Mau Forest.
“I am a Mau Mau’s child.” During the conflict, my parents were in the Mt. Kenya Forest. My father worked as an engineer. My mother used to feed and provide the Mau Mau with food and ammunition while he serviced their guns. He was born and raised in a colonial community.”Rigathi Gachagua.
For the record, he is a biological brother to the late Nderitu Gachagua of Nyeri County in Central Kenya.
- READ ALSO: Rigathi Gachagua Companies.
Enlisted is a summary of Rigathi Gachagua’s career history from four decades ago;
- 1989: Assistant Secretary in the Ministry of Home Affairs and National Heritage
- 1990: Office of the President as a District Officer Cadet
- 1991: Personal Assistant to the Head of Public Service
- 1992: District Officer in Kakamega, Ng’arua and Laikipia districts
- 1999: Kenya School of Government for a Diploma in Advanced Public Administration
- 2001: Personal Assistant to Uhuru Kenyatta until 2006
- 2007: Engaged in personal businesses until 2017
- 2017: Member of Parliament for Mathira Constituency
- 2022: Running mate to UDA presidential candidate William Ruto
The legislature is running against Iron Lady Martha Karua in the fight to succeed DP William Ruto.
Rigathi Gachagua corruption Scandals
The Asset Recovery Agency has levelled several money laundering claims against Gacgua.
- READ ALSO: Raila Odinga Net Worth Forbes List.
Ruto’s right-hand man Gachagua is awash with corruption claims but has not been convicted so far.
“Those are allegations and an allegation is not a conviction. The Kenyan constitution is very clear, that you can only be barred from political office when you have been convicted and you have exhausted the mechanisms offered by law for appeal… I made my money during the reign of President Mwai Kibaki, like many Kenyans.”Gachagua on Citizen TV’s Sunday Live show.
He says politically motivated critics are persecuting him for not supporting the March 2018 ‘Handshake’ between President Uhuru Kenyatta and ODM party leader Raila Odinga.
- READ ALSO: How Old is Rigathi Gachagua?
“Between 2013 and 2017, Uhuru was my buddy…nobody raised a finger but when I said publicly, I did not believe in the handshake because it is a fraud, I was intimidated and called to support it and I refused.”MP Rigathi Gachagua.
On the other hand, the Asset Recovery Agency is at a standoff.
ARA versus Gachagua
According to ARA, Gachagua has not given substantial explanation on his recent money transfer.
“Gachagua is facing a graft case and the Assets Recovery Agency (ARA) has said that he is at a loss to substantiate the source of Ksh. 200 million in three of his bank accounts, which he claims to have acquired through a loan.”Citizen Digital News.
Gachagua continues to fight back at his critics amid heated campaigns ahead of August polls.
“The case is politically motivated. It has never started because the State has not been able to provide any evidence… Nelson Mandela was jailed for 27 years for terrorism in Robben Island for terrorism, he came from prison to be the greatest president South Africa has ever had.”Rigathi Gachagua.
Meanwhile, ARA cannot explain how Sh12.5 billion passed through Mr Gachagua’s three accounts within seven years and whether money laundering was involved.
“Although Mr Gachagua is a director and shareholder of several companies, which he has used to secure tenders from state agencies, parastatals and county governments, ARA says it wants to establish whether he used them to launder money.”Allafrica.com.
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission is yet to release a detailed report on Gachagus’a alleged fraudulent dealings.
List of 10 Rigathi Gachagua Companies & Businesses
Gachagua runs at least 10 companies with an appetite for government tenders and corporate partnerships.
- READ ALSO: Uhuru Kenyatta Net Worth Forbes.
Below is a breakdown of Gachagua’s business empires and their questionable transactions.
- Wamunyoro Investments Limited company in Nyeri County tendering during the reign of his brother the late governor Nderitu Gachagua
- Encater Diagnostics Limited medical supplier reportedly received Ksh. 123.18 million from multiple county governments across the country
- Technical Supplies and Services building company cashed Ksh. 220.88 million from the national government
- Skytop Agencies received Ksh. 20.6 million from the national government and another Ksh. 2.05 million from various counties
- Riang International Group Limited exchanged Ksh. 7.03 million.
- Machine Centre Limited received Ksh. 67 million
- Jenne Enterprises awarded a tender worth Ksh. 79. 21 million
- Rapid Medical Supplies Limited received Ksh. 9.48 million
- Encarter and Rapid Group banked Ksh. 3. 04 million
- Asoma Enterprises was paid Ksh. 8.45 million
As we speak, Rigathi Gachagua salary as a Member of Parliament is at least Ksh. 900,000 including a basic salary of about Ksh. 550,000. Additional six-figure earnings include medical, housing, hardship, and sitting allowances.
- READ ALSO: Rigathi Gachagua Wife Photos.
Rigathi Gachagua net worth is Ksh. 800 million as of 2023. A section of his wealth base amounting to Ksh. 200 is still frozen by the Jubilee government for unclear reasons.
On the other hand, Martha Karua said her net worth is Ksh. 150 million.
Speaking during the Deputy Presidential debate, Gachagua confirmed accumulating much of this wealth from lucrative business deals, tenders, and monthly income.
- READ ALSO: William Ruto Net Worth.
Mathira MP Rigathi Gachagua net worth is evident in his palatial homes and business empires. A fleet of fuel guzzler cars and deep-pocket investments says no less.