The list of major projects launched by President Ruto in Kisii and Nyamira counties is indeed overwhelming. Locals among them leaders from across political divides are impressed.
- READ ALSO: Top 20 Taboos in Kalenjin Community.
President Ruto’s Kisii tour scheduled for Thursday, March 23rd, 2023, ended after 3 days of thorough engagements.
10 Major Projects Launched by President Ruto in Kisii
Apart from preaching peace, kingpin leaders joined the head of state in addressing the Bottom-Up progressive agenda.
- READ ALSO: Simba Arati Career History.
Some of the major projects highlighted during the visit are as follows.
- Launched Ksh. 15 billion Bonyunyu Dam
- Commissioned 60 billion Kisii University centre of excellence for health education
- Proposed the construction of a modern airstrip pending expert report on the location, Nyangusu or Sironga
- Promised 2.8 billion for the setup of a cancer unit at KTRH
- Assessment and completion of stalled road projects in the region
- 13 million worth of digital labs in 4 TVET institutions including Gitwebe, Ekerubo Gietai, Keroka and the Kisii National Polytechnic
- Institutional facilities at 25 million for Kereri Girls, 25 million for Nduru Boys, and 2.5 million for Ichuni mixed primary
- 500 million for a post-modern industrial park in Nyamira county
- Offered 25 acres for the relocation of the Kisii prison
- On his side, Governor Simba Arati hinted at a possible relocation of the Kisii Central Police Station to pave way for the development.
The list does not include several minor projects mentioned by His Excellence Governor Simba Arati.
- READ ALSO: President Ruto Kisii Tour amid Raila Protests.
Looking at various projects launched by President Ruto in Kisii & Nyamira counties, it is evident that Nyanza will not be left behind in national prosperity.