Polycarp Igathe is a prolific Kenyan businessman, politician, and corporate executive notorious for high-profile resignations. His entry into the much-contested Nairobi gubernatorial race is already causing ripples. Polycarp Igathe biography reveals a wishful life story.
- READ ALSO: William Ruto Second Wife? Photos.
Igathe is back in the game of politics following a sudden resignation as deputy governor of Nairobi County. The fate of his candidature largely depends on his main rival Sen Johnson Sakaja.
Polycarp Igathe profile summary
|Years active||1995 to present|
|Birthday||September 21, 1972|
|Real names||Polycarp Igathe Kamau|
|Position||COO at Equity Group Holdings|
Igathe is famous for serving as the second deputy governor of Nairobi County, more so, for resigning from office within a year of working alongside Governor Mike Sonko.
Polycarp Igathe biography
Igathe from Central Kenya is like no other executive cum politician in the country.
- READ ALSO: Johnson Sakaja Wife Photos.
His reputation runs deep in senior positions of leadership,
How old is Polycarp Igathe?
Born at Pumwani Hospital on September 21, 1972, Polycarp Igathe age is 49 years as of 2022.
The youthful-looking executive has been flying higher since rising to the limelight in 1995.
Igathe education background
Igathe is a Bachelor of Arts in economics and sociology graduate from the University of Nairobi – He was a student at UoN between 1990 and 1995.
While schooling at UoN, Igathe became the National Chairman of AIESEC in Kenya.
Also, he has qualifications in Strathmore University’s Advanced Management Program (AMP) with IESE Business School in Spain.
Furthermore, Igathe holds Organizational Leadership skills from the Institute of Corporate Governance.
Kamau Polycarp Igathe career history
Igathe entered the career market in 1995 upon successful completion of his studies at the University of Nairobi.
- READ ALSO: Martha Karua Net Worth 2022.
Enlisted are some of the workplaces and positions that he has occupied since;
- 1995 – 1996: Finance officer at Queensland Health in Australia.
- 1997- 2000: Employment at Coca-Cola
- 2001: Joined Africa Online as a sales and marketing manager
- 2003 – 2013: Regional Managing Director Tiger Brands (East Africa)
- Became sales operations manager and then marketing manager at the Kenya Breweries Limited
- 10 years as managing director at Haco Industries
- 2010 to date: Chairman and member of the Board of Management of Bishop Gatimu Ngandu Girls High School
- 2012 – 2014: Chaired the Kenya Association of Manufacturers
- 2013 – 2017: Managing Director at Vivo Energy
- 2014 – 2016: Chaired the Petroleum Institute of East Africa
- 2014 – 2016: Director and Trustee of the Kenya Private Sector Alliance
- 2015 – 2016: chair of the Anti-Counterfeit Agency
- 2016: Appointed chairman of Special Economic Zones Authority of Kenya
- 2017 – 2018: Deputy Governor Nairobi City County
- 2018 – 2019: Chief Commercial Officer at Equity Bank Limited
- 2018 – 2019: Managing Director at Equity Bank Limited
- 2019 – 2022: Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing at Vivo Energy Kenya
- 2020 – 2022: Group Chief Commercial Officer at Equity Bank
- 2022: Gubernatorial Aspirant in Nairobi City
Igathe is now a governor hopeful in Nairobi City.
Hon Igathe political journey
Igathe became deputy governor of Nairobi City County on the Jubilee political party ticket.
- READ ALSO: Rigathi Gachagua Net Worth.
He resigned on January 12th, 2018 within six months of working with Mike Sonko. Igathe cited a lack of trust from his boss as the main reason for his abrupt resignation.
On April 19th, 2022, Igathe declared his interest in the Nairobi gubernatorial seat on the Jubilee ticket. His deputy governor is Hon. Prof Philip Kaloki.
Kamau Polycarp Igathe wife, children, & parents
The family of Igathe comprises a beautiful spouse called Catherine Igathe and three children. In the list of children are two daughters and a hunk son.
Polycarp Igathe parents were both civil servants. His father Mr Kamau was an accountant while his mother Mrs Kamau was a primary school teacher.
Polycarp Igathe net worth & salary
Igathe is a six-figure salary executive with multiple sources of income. His wealth include multi-million properties and a sleek fuel guzzler Bentley Bentayga worth Ksh. 25 million.
Polycarp Igathe salary at equity bank is estimated at KSh. 2 million.
- READ ALSO: Prof George Wajackoyah Biography.
Some analysts estimate Polycarp Igathe net worth at Ksh. 100 million but he is yet to confirm these figures.
Aspiring Governor Igathe contacts
You can also connect with Igathe on mainstream social media such as Twitter.
- READ ALSO: Johnson Sakaja Education Background – CV.
Polycarp Igathe biography spells an interesting life story of a multi-talented corporate executive turned business mogul. His presence in Nairobi County gubernatorial race is threatening to the renowned Johnson Sakaja.