The recent appointment of Noordin Haji to the National Intelligence Service (NIS) has attracted a long list of potential candidates. Barrister Miguna Miguna DPP race application is perhaps the most outstanding.
- READ ALSO: List of Raila Odinga Classmates.
The UK-based lawyer previously contested for Nairobi gubernatorial race on the Thirdway Alliance Kenya ticket. Defiance with the regime of President Uhuru Kenyatta resulted in deportation. He has since found motherland peace in the regime of President William Ruto.
Miguna Miguna DPP race application
Confirming on social media, Miguna Miguna announced his candidature in the Directorate of Public Prosecutions (DPP) position declared vacant in June 2023.
- READ ALSO: Miguna Miguna Wife Jane Profile.
He had this to say on his @MigunaMiguna Twitter account with nearly 3 million followers.
“For the avoidance of any doubt, YES, I have applied for the position of The Director of Public Prosecutions.
He went on to reaffirm that he will be a fair judge, bluntly going after lawbreakers.
According to the constitution of 2010, the role of a DPP is to prosecute criminal matters.
On top of that, they are mandated to direct the Inspector-General of the National Police Service (NPS) into any allegations of criminal conduct.
- READ ALSO: Danstan Omari Wife Pamela Profile [Photos]
Miguna’s big announcement comes within days of President William Ruto appointing 7 members to the panel of interviewers.
List of DPP interview panellists;
- Francis Atwoli – COTU Secretary General
- Twalib Abdallah Mbarak – EACC boss
- Shadrack Mose – Solicitor General
- Richard Onsongo
- Mary Adhiambo Maungu
- Roseline Odede
- Mary Kimonye
The deadline for DPP applicants is set for Wednesday, July 12th, 2023.
What is the salary of DPP in Kenya?
|Current salary||Ksh. 765,188|
|Proposed salary||Ksh. 874,500|
Additional DPP benefits include;
- An official car with an engine capacity not exceeding 3000cc
- A Ksh8 million car loan
- A mortgage worth Ksh35 million
- Medical health insurance coverage with Ksh10 million for in-patient and Ksh300,000 for out-patient
Who appoints the DPP in Kenya?
The Director of Public Prosecutions shall be nominated and, with the approval of the National Assembly, appointed by the President.
- READ ALSO: 12 Profile Facts in Miguna Miguna bio.
Miguna Miguna DPP race news is flying higher even as more candidates continue submitting their papers ahead of the deadline.